BLOG DISCLAIMER

All content provided on this "penangfoodie.blogspot.com" blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of penangfoodie.blogspot.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
This terms and conditions is subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

Tuesday 28 May 2013

A Visit To Crystal Crown PJ - A Pleasant Japanese Surprise

A recent visit to PJ for work brought me to a pleasant surprise.
Before I get started, to my utter horror, this hotel was unbelievably poor ...
Service was bad, promised wi-fi in the room had very poor connection.
Breakfast every morning was the same ...
Oh well, this post is not about the hotel but about the pleasant Japanese restaurant.
On the 2nd floor of the hotel, is Sango Japanese.
I was told not to walk around either in the day time and what more at night as the security around the area is not great.
So, I stayed in the hotel and decided to try the Japanese food because the chinese restaurant opposite looked very expensive :-)


First night, I ordered a hot noodle which comes with some fritters, good batter, nice and hot piping noodles, good comfort food...


2nd night I ordered a bento, everything tasted very fresh and delicious.
Looking around, they actually have buffet on Fridays and Saturdays but you will have to make prior reservations.
This sounds good, as they make sure the quality and freshness is there and they buy according to their estimates for the day.
Unfortunately for me, I can't have the buffet spread as I have not made reservations.
Buffet is carried out by ordering from the menu and the waiters will serve you want you have ordered ... Waiters and waitresses there are super, super efficient too...


If you happen to be in PJ do visit this hidden treasure.
If you stay at the hotel, you get 10% off your bill.
Though I do not recommend you stay there ...
Thought I will put up something different other than Penang Street Food :-)
Have a nice day !

No comments: